Active rehabilitation is available at our BURNABY and FLEETWOOD locations!
Active rehab is an exercise-based approach to developing and sustaining pain free motion in joints following an injury. One of our Kinesiologists will perform a series of movement-based screenings to identify imbalances in the body, then develop an exercise program tailored to their patient’s needs and abilities. AR is effective in both addressing current dysfunction and preventing future injuries.
Active Rehabilitation sessions may include:
- Injury assessment of physical function, including job demands
- Development of safe and personalized exercise therapy programs for specific injuries
- Self care and pain management strategies involving exercise and stretching
- Education pertaining to current injuries and prevention techniques for your future
- Improving of function and ability whether it be returning to work, sport, or activities of daily living!